World Bee Day
Did you know that the 20th May is World Bee Day?
Bees are essential to our ecosystems because they are pollinators. This makes them vital for growing all sorts of plant species including those that we use for food.
Our bee print PACMAT aims to provoke bee thought and talk with interesting bee facts and beautifully illustrated bee hives by Jennie Maizels.
Here are 5 things that you can do this month to help protect Britain’s bees:
- Grow flowers and shrubs. From June to September try Allium, Cirsium Rivulare and Foxgloves, as well as most herbs, to help nature’s pollinators thrive.
- Let your garden grow wild
- Cut your grass less often
- Don’t disturb insect nests and hibernation spots
- Avoid using pesticides as many that are sold are harmful to bee populations